Tuesday, 19 March 2013

The Peril of Magnificent Love by Emma Magenta

One of my favourite illustrators and writers definitely has to be Emma Magenta. I came across her first book, The Peril of Magnificent Love by accident and completely fell in love with the drawings and story. 


It's about a girl who falls in love with a boy (a three eared rabbit) and leaves everything including herself behind to pursue his love.



When she finally gets it, she is happy for a while, but then realises how much of herself she has had to change to be with him.


Eventually she learns to love herself first and becomes truly happy.


This is a lovely little book with a great message!

Learn more about Emma and read her thoughts on her blog.

2 comments:

  1. This book looks beautiful.. I love the illustrations and what a lovely message!

    HELen

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you like it! I need to get my hands and eyes on her other books.

      Delete