Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Love song to... Anthropologie

One day a while back I was walking on Regents Street in central London upset about something. I can't even remember what it was. Then I looked up and I saw it. The Anthropologie store! In London!!!! My sour mood faded and a smile spread across my face. I rushed into the store. I couldn't believe it. I asked the lovely girl at the door how long they had been open here and she told me only a couple of months. What a wonderful surprise this was. 

When I was still living in NY and was a student, my friend and I used to go there frequently to look at all of the beautiful clothes and pick out the homewear and accessories with which our dream apartments would one day be adorned. I never looked at Anthropologie as just a great fashion or homewear store though. For me, this place is a lifestyle and one that I aspire to. 

If I had to describe Anthropologie in 3 words they would be homey, stylish and unassuming.

On my recent trip to the US, I picked up these two beautiful items there:


Both the little shrug and belt have a little sparkle. Every outfit should have a little sparkle :) 

Below are just a few of my favourite recent arrivals on the Anthropologie website.

Summer is the season of dresses



Earthy tones



Snuggling up with a good book


2 comments:

  1. some really gorgeous items, those dresses are beauuutiful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! And this selection was only from the new arrivals too.

      Delete