Tuesday, 27 March 2012

You can call me magpie

Now bling has never really been my thing, but I am loving everything gold at the moment. Gold jewellery, gold nail polish, gold shoes, and the list goes on and on. I don't know why it has taken me this long to embrace its warm tones and grandeur, but I have rediscovered the beauty of gold.

Shoes: Top Shop; Nail polish: Rococo Nail Apparel (Gold Leaf  Nail Varnish); 
Jewellery: Oasis and Top Shop; Candle holder: Oliver Bonas; 
Book: F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby (Penguin Classics)

I am continuously drawn to chunky gold rings and bracelets like a kid hovering around a candy shop wanting one of everything. I seek them out like a warm sunset, candlelight, or loose pound coins at the bottom of my purse in order to buy my morning latte..

My favourite newly purchased gold embellished item is my pair of gold studded slippers from Top Shop. We went on a long walk the other day by the river. And who could blame us? The weather has been so lovely lately.





I think it's time to put away the boots until autumn. Don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Love the shoes - super cute!

    xo Christine

    www.cashmerekinetic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! They help to add a little sparkle to my wardrobe :)

      Delete